- Management and multipathing software to automatically balance I/O loads and provide seamless failover/recovery and advanced monitoring. https://store.emc.com/Product-Family/POWERPATH-PRODUCTS/EMC-PowerPath/p/EMC-SPEC-SOFT-001-1Q13-0052
Product Data Sheet
Dell EMC VMAX
Dell EMC Unity
Dell EMC XtremIO
Dell SC Series
Supported Operating Systems
Required Disk Space
Installation Directory (the default is /opt) 40 MB
Root file system 30 MB
/usr 12 MB
/var 1 MB
- EMC PowerPath/VE for VMware vSphere - Best Practices Planning. This White Paper provides an overview of EMC PowerPath/VE, a path management solution for VMware vSphere that provides the highest level of dynamic load balancing, path failover, path restoration, path testing, and automated performance optimization.
- EMC PowerPath Load Balancing and Failover - Comparison with Native MPIO OS Solutions. This White Paper explains how PowerPath's optimization policies enhance I/O throughput and ensure fast and non-disruptive path failover and failback.
EMC PowerPath Resource Library
Access analyst reports, white papers, community forums, worksheets, tools, and more for the EMC PowerPath products.
- PowerPath/VE for VMware Support Site
- PowerPath for Windows Support Site
- PowerPath for AIX Support Site
- PowerPath for HP-UX Support Site
- PowerPath for Linux Support Site
- PowerPath for Solaris Support Site
|EMC PowerPath Migration Enabler (included with PowerPath)||Perform data migrations to and from any network or EMC and qualified non-EMC storage without application downtime|
|Automate and optimize data path pools to ensure application availability and performance in virtual environments|
|Automate data path management, failover and recovery, and optimize load balancing to ensure application availability and performance|
|Evaluate||Deploy and Manage||Education|
Product Data Sheets
Support Sites (User registration required):
ProSupport for Enterprise (formerly Enhanced, Premium Support)
24x7 remote technical support, options for next business day or 4-hour mission critical onsite response, automated issue detection, self-service case initiation, and hypervisor, operating environment software and OS support
Includes all ProSupport for Enterprise features, plus priority access to ProSupport Plus engineers, a designated Technology Service Manager, regular assessments and recommendations, monthly reporting, and systems maintenance guidance
|Planning Services||Provide guidance and technology recommendations to help evaluate and architect your EMC IT infrastructure. Services may include: Planning and Design, Infrastructure Assessments, Readiness Assessments, Architecture Design, as well as Availability/Disaster Recovery Planning.|
|Deployment Services||Plan, design, install, configure, and integrate your EMC IT infrastructure. Services may include: Product Installation, Implementation and Configuration, Technology Integration, Application Integration, as well as Data Migration.|
|Operational Services||Optimize the performance, reliability and operational efficiency of your EMC infrastructure. Services may include: Health Checks, Operational Assurance, Performance Tuning, Infrastructure Upgrades, as well as Integration Workshops.|
|Management Services||Help manage infrastructure operations to supplement knowledge, expertise, and resource gaps. Services may include: Transitional and Operational Residencies, Data Erasure and Disk Retention, Storage and Remote Managed Services, Secure Remote Support, as well as Personalized Support Services and Out-Tasking Services.|
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Power up with an EMC VNX5400 unified hybrid flash array. Get flash performance at the cost of disk for mixed workloads. File and block storage up to 1 PB.
- MCx multicore optimization
- Automated storage tiering option delivers active data from flash
- Thin provisioning, deduplication, compression come standard
- Learn more >>
Take Free Training. Learn from the Experts.
Discover World Class Support.