- See a 2x-3x increase in I/O for VMware with EMC PowerPath/VE intelligent multipathing. Improve application performance and availability. https://store.emc.com/Product-Family/POWERPATH-PRODUCTS/Dell-EMC-PowerPath-VE-Data-Protection-Software/p/EMC-SPEC-SOFT-002-1Q13-0053
Product Data Sheet
Dell EMC VMAX
Dell EMC XtremIO
Dell EMC Unity
Dell SC Series
Supported Operating Systems
Required Disk Space
Installation directory (the default is /opt) 40MB
Root file system 30 MB
/usr 12 MB
/var 1 MB
- EMC PowerPath/VE for VMware vSphere - Best Practices Planning. This White Paper provides an overview of EMC PowerPath/VE, a path management solution for VMware vSphere that provides the highest level of dynamic load balancing, path failover, path restoration, path testing, and automated performance optimization.
- EMC PowerPath Load Balancing and Failover - Comparison with Native MPIO OS Solutions. This White Paper explains how PowerPath's optimization policies enhance I/O throughput and ensure fast and non-disruptive path failover and failback.
EMC PowerPath Resource Library
Access analyst reports, white papers, community forums, worksheets, tools, and more for the EMC PowerPath products.
- PowerPath/VE for VMware Support Site
- PowerPath for Windows Support Site
- PowerPath for AIX Support Site
- PowerPath for HP-UX Support Site
- PowerPath for Linux Support Site
- PowerPath for Solaris Support Site
|Automate and optimize data path pools to ensure application availability and performance in virtual environments.|
|Automate data path management, failover and recovery, and optimize load balancing to ensure application availability and performance.|
|Evaluate||Deploy and Manage||Education|
Product Data Sheets
Support Sites (User registration required):
ProSupport for Enterprise (formerly Enhanced, Premium Support)
24x7 remote technical support, options for next business day or 4-hour mission critical onsite response, automated issue detection, self-service case initiation, and hypervisor, operating environment software and OS support
Includes all ProSupport for Enterprise features, plus priority access to ProSupport Plus engineers, a designated Technology Service Manager, regular assessments and recommendations, monthly reporting, and systems maintenance guidance
|Planning Services||Provide guidance and technology recommendations to help evaluate and architect your EMC IT infrastructure. Services may include: Planning and Design, Infrastructure Assessments, Readiness Assessments, Architecture Design, as well as Availability/Disaster Recovery Planning.|
|Deployment Services||Plan, design, install, configure, and integrate your EMC IT infrastructure. Services may include: Product Installation, Implementation and Configuration, Technology Integration, Application Integration, as well as Data Migration.|
|Operational Services||Optimize the performance, reliability and operational efficiency of your EMC infrastructure. Services may include: Health Checks, Operational Assurance, Performance Tuning, Infrastructure Upgrades, as well as Integration Workshops.|
|Management Services||Help manage infrastructure operations to supplement knowledge, expertise, and resource gaps. Services may include: Transitional and Operational Residencies, Data Erasure and Disk Retention, Storage and Remote Managed Services, Secure Remote Support, as well as Personalized Support Services and Out-Tasking Services.|
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Management and multipathing software to automatically balance I/O loads and provide seamless failover/recovery and advanced monitoring.
- Automate Failover/Recovery
- Optimize Load Balancing
- Improve Performance
- Standardize Path Management
- Free trial available
Power up with an EMC VNX5400 unified hybrid flash array. Get flash performance at the cost of disk for mixed workloads. File and block storage up to 1 PB.
- MCx multicore optimization
- Automated storage tiering option delivers active data from flash
- Thin provisioning, deduplication, compression come standard
Take Free Training. Learn from the Experts.
Discover World Class Support.